Scrapbooking Layout Idea - 'Bloom and Grow'

It still feels rather surreal to be home, now that I'm officially retired. This past week, I've been caught up in a whirlwind of activity, as if I were racing against the clock to accomplish as much as possible. Oddly enough, it was as if I believed I had a looming work deadline to meet, or jobs around the house I just had to complete, forgetting that I no longer have any such obligations!

The reality has finally sunk in: work is officially in my rearview mirror. So, today, I'm deliberately hitting the brakes on my busy life, taking a moment to savor the freedom and breathe in the sweet scent of newfound relaxation. It's time for me to indulge in some much-needed crafting, take advantage of the time to unwind, and wholeheartedly embrace this exciting new chapter of my life.

As I sat here reflecting on my newfound freedom, I looked down at my pile of finished layouts that just need the final touches of some added journalling. If you're like me, the process of adding that essential journalling is the very thing that seems to keep getting postponed. Can you relate?

12 x 12 Scrapbooking Layout Ideas for Girls


Many of us share the common struggle of being self-proclaimed procrastinators when it comes to narrating our stories and transferring those words onto our layouts. Today is the day, I am going to finish off at least one. 

The layout is called 'Bloom and Grow' and it's a few photos of Layla taken on New Year's Eve 2022.  when we we all together as a family, enjoying lunch at the Nepean Rowing Club.

Most of the products used are a mixture of papers, embellishments, and alphas left over from previous projects. The few items I do love to include in my layouts are ribbons, fibres, twine and flowers to form clusters. 

The ribbon I used in this layout is the Satin Leaves trim from the Studio Boutique in the Scrap of Your Life Store. I also used some of the Plastic Fibres under the trim to add some texture and softness to the cluster. 

With the layout now complete, my final task is to place the layout into Layla's album. 

12 x 12 Scrapbooking Layout Idea and Telling the Story

12 x 12 Scrapbooking Layout Ideas for Girls. Finishing off Journalling

RELATED POSTS 



No comments

Powered by Blogger.