Scrapbooking Layout Ideas - Aussie Summer

This is an older Scrapbooking Layout I completed some years ago and it is still one of my favorites. Maybe it's the bright orange colours or all of the fun bits n' pieces I used on the layout. 

I really dislike the cold winter weather. Although the temperature doesn't really go below 0 degrees, I still find it cold so in winter I snuggle up and I become essentially a homebody and scrap body. 

The summer, however, is totally different, I love the heat and I have a couple of favourite things I really enjoy in summer. Of course, swimming in our pool is a regular pastime, every day after work we come home and jump in to cook off. ....

I love our summer fruits, love eating ice cream, and love seeing the kids having a ball outside. 

Another fun-filled activity is bushwalking, there are plenty of places to walk here in the Blue Mountains. 

So here is a layout just depicting some of the fun things I enjoy in Summer. 

Always one for advocating using my stash. In this layout, I used scrap pieces of paper and really just bits and pieces from my stash. 

How do you find the time to be creative?

I'd love to hear your ideas of how you fit in your creative time in between all the other things we have going on in our lives?


35 comments:

  1. Wonderful layout...love how you got so many pictures on the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love love love the bush walking lo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great colors!!
    Thanks for helpin' us hop! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all those squares! what a fun idea and great layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the first layout you displayed! I will have to try a layout with all the cute squares like that!! :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing a little about life down under. Enjoying the blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOve the layouts. The first one with the squares is really fun! Great ideas! Sending summer time wishes your way... I don't like winter either!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the layout with all those little details. So very cute! Mind if I scraplift?

    Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. FAbulous! Loving the patchwork look of the first layout and 2nd is just adorable! Hippty Hop, hop , hop!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice LOs!! I love the patchwork look and the second one has such a great color combo....I would have a hard time picking my favorite of the two.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great lo's, I find that you Aussies have some wonderful ideas and great style. All the cool sites I find are from your country! Keep up the great work and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute layouts! I really like all the different patterns to the squares in your first one, and the second one is a great job w/ the Adornit products! Thanks for sharing your work on the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  13. love the idea of using little scraps of all the papers and photos. and really cute second layout too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. cute LO's! I am not a winter person either. Living in Baton Rouge, Louisiana don't have to worry about it getting too low. Heck we think 40 is freezing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. BEAUTIFUL layouts! I really enjoy the first one!
    Thanks for letting me peek at your blog!
    Hopping along..!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love those layouts. I'm definitely going to have to look for those papers! Great job! *hop hop hop*

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great work!!!! TFS...kathy

    ReplyDelete
  18. OH MY GOODNESS! I love the layout using the fern collection : )

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amazing Lay out's!!!!! WOW! I love the colors and the way to put the pictures!! Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What gorgeous layouts! I just love the embellies you've used and the bright colours! Thanks for sharing - I'll be hopping along now!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your work is amazing, that's for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  22. beautiful pages! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Like that block page . Lots of interesting small details.
    Love the colors of the second LO. hop hop

    ReplyDelete
  24. Like that block page . Lots of interesting small details.
    Love the colors of the second LO. hop hop

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very Very cute pages. I love the colors. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Sounds like great fun - and look at all those comments!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.