3Quarter Designs - Fairground Mini Collection - 12 x 12 Layout - Never to old to be silly

12 x 12 Scrapbooking Layout  

Never to old to be silly 
by DT Mel Parnell

Hi everyone, It's Mel here and this is my first project for October using 3Quarter Designs Fairground Fun Collection Kit from Scrap of your LifeIn this layout I was lucky enough to be able to create really fun page that draws out all the colours that this collection is made up of. The colours from this 3 Quarter Designs collection contains truly beautiful colours and were so fun to work with! 

Single 12 x12 Layout - Instructions

Scrapbook Layout 3 Quarter Designs Fairground Fun

The first thing I did was to fussy cut all the elements from the 2 cut out sheets. I cut the Ferris wheel and 'H' from the 12 x 12 in this kit.

Scrapbook Layout 3 Quarter Designs Fairground Fun

I used Kaisercraft eggshell acrylic paint to paint the chipboard words that come in the kit.

Scrapbook Layout 3 Quarter Designs Fairground Fun ChipboardScrapbook Layout 3 Quarter Designs Fairground Fun Chipboard

I used the Nuvo Shimmer powders in 'Cherry bomb, Violet brocade, Catherine wheel'. I puffed these over the painted letters and spritzed them with water all the colours mixed into each other.

Scrapbook Layout 3 Quarter Designs Fairground Fun ChipboardScrapbook Layout 3 Quarter Designs Fairground Fun Chipboard

I created the background with 4 distress crayons spritzed and sponged onto the page. I added more colours by using more crayons on the page. I added Nuvo Shimmer powder and water to some plastic and pushed this into my page.

Ranger Distress Crayons on Scrapbooking LayoutRanger Distress Crayons on Scrapbooking LayoutNuvo Shimmer Powder Techniques

I used a dusty attic stencil to created a textured background with modelling paste.

Dusty Attic Stencil on Scrapbooking LayoutDusty Attic Stencil on Scrapbooking Layout

 I used another starburst stencil with purple acrylic paint sponged on to the background.

Sunburst Stencil on Scrapbooking LayoutSunburst Stencil on Scrapbooking Layout

The Embellishments

Time to put all the elements together I used Doodle bug shape sprinkles swimming pool confetti, glass droplets, blue jewels, titles, die cuts (carnival , circles and birds), titles, ephemera and the Charms Creations heart.
12 x 12 Layout 3 Quarter Designs Fairground Fun


Products used:

3 Quarter Designs Fairground Fun Collection. chipboard pieces from the kit - carnival, circles and birds and fussy cut elements and ephemera

Nuvo Shimmer powders in Cherry bomb, Violet Brocade, Catherine Wheel.
Ranger Distress Crayons 
Kaisercraft Acrylic Paint - Eggshell (or similar colour)
Dusty Attic Stencil - Addition 
Stencil -  Starburst 
Charms Creations Heart 
Doodlebug Shape Sprinkles Swimming Pool Confetti

Happy crafting special people, hope you enjoyed this page as much as I did making it....
Mel xxxx

No comments

Powered by Blogger.