Happy New Year - 2022

New Year 2022

Another year is done and dusted. I just can't believe how fast it went. Every year seems to fly by.  This year was no exception. 

With the continuation of COVID, its related restrictions, lockdowns and testing, it has been a challenging year for or all of us. We all have been affected one way or another and in different ways. We all managed to get through it and I'm sure we will be able to do the same during 2022.

I have been looking back on this past year and am grateful to have  experienced some wonderful moments, some special surprises, and one or two getaways. On the downside, I have also experienced sadness, but that's what life is about, messy, with unexpected twists and turns. 

Since Boxing Day, I have been hibernating at home with my mum, My mum is a real trooper, getting outside and helping me with the garden and around the house. Ian is away at Lightning Ridge with SES, helping with flood management and planning. 

I have been purging the house, doing massive spring cleaning exercises, cleaning the garage, sorting out all the old paint, sorting clothes, and just general cleaning.  I am doing this to start the year with less clutter around me, as I know it just takes up extra headspace. 

Thank you to all my crafty friends for all your wonderful support and friendship throughout the year. I hope to bring the new ideas I have for Scrap of Your Life to you all as we move into the New Year. Thank you for your continued support of Creative Days, Craft Nights, and Retreats, plus hanging out with me in the Facebook Group. 

So hope you all remain safe, connected, find happiness as we head into the start of 2022. 

I found this little poem (well it's actually a long poem) I thought it was appropriate for the start to the New Year.

“Promise Yourself

To be so strong that nothing
can disturb your peace of mind.
To talk health, happiness, and prosperity
to every person you meet.

To make all your friends feel
that there is something in them
To look at the sunny side of everything
and make your optimism come true.

To think only the best, to work only for the best,
and to expect only the best.
To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others
as you are about your own.

To forget the mistakes of the past
and press on to the greater achievements of the future.
To wear a cheerful countenance at all times
and give every living creature you meet a smile.

To give so much time to the improvement of yourself
that you have no time to criticize others.
To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear,
and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.

To think well of yourself and to proclaim this fact to the world,
not in loud words but great deeds.
To live in faith that the whole world is on your side
so long as you are true to the best that is in you.”
― Christian D. Larson,


Julie xo

No comments

Powered by Blogger.