Quick and Easy Mixed Media Project - Seed Storage

Quick and Easy Mixed Media Project - Seed Storage

Design Team Project - Melanie Parnell

Quick and Easy Mixed Media Project - Seed Storage

We are heading down the road towards Christmas in the midst of spring and here I am listening to the rain on a cold night. Covid has made me get closer to nature so I designed a mini project that will encourage us to be a little more sustainable.

Quick and Easy Mixed Media Project - Seed Storage  Step 1

I found a card and placed a seed envelope in the middle third and folded around it. I then used art alchemy teal/opal acrylic paint to smear the cover then I splattered gold acrylic and sprayed red dylusions spray over a stencil.

Quick and Easy Mixed Media Project - Seed Storage  Step 2Quick and Easy Mixed Media Project - Seed Storage  Step 3


Quick and Easy Mixed Media Project - Seed Storage  Step 4Quick and Easy Mixed Media Project - Seed Storage  Step 5

I used a range of acrylic stamp mark makers to stamp archival ink onto the cover of the seed wallet .



I used a stencil and acrylic teal/opal Art alchemy to colour a brown paper pocket on the inside of the wallet. I created tags from water colour crayons mixed with water. Then covered them with stamps and spray.


It’s now time to line the inside of the wallet with tags that could be made into pot labels and how to care for your plant suggestions or recipe ideas. When it was planted and harvested. 
I embellished the cover with random ephemera leaves. I added acrylic heart stickers and words. You could use this as a Christmas card too with flower seeds inside. I held it closed with a bulldog clip.







 

No comments

Powered by Blogger.