Miss Michelle's Pretty Mini Journal

 

Mini Journal

This cute journal was made using Vicki Boutin The Good Things paper for the cover and Kaisercraft white, Brazzill pollen and turquoise mist cardstock for the inside, and Pink Fresh Studio papers.


Firstly I cut a piece of the white cardstock and the good things paper and folded both in half. Both pieces of paper were then scored over the fold, and on each side of the fold.


Then I sponged around the paper with Distress Ink in shabby shutters. Blending towards the centre. This piece was then stuck over the top of the white cardstock and score lines refolded.


Next I prepared the inserts, cutting from the pollen and turquoise cardstock, and using a blending tool, blended 3 with Tim Holtz distress Ink spun sugar and 3 with distress ink tumbled glass.  

I then started to do my fussy cutting from the Pink Fresh Studio Joyful Days 12x12 paper and the Mintay Frame book papers, I cut out 3 blue frames and 3 pink from the Shabby Chic 2 section.


Once the frames were cut, I then used the Kaisercraft lace borders stencil, and Tim Holtz distress crayon in spun sugar and tumbled glass. I mixed two coloured pastes and added the flower border stencil to the cut out frames and the front of the journal.


Once these were dry, I used dimensionals to stick them onto the prepared inserts. 

I then randomly chose words and backgrounds that I had fussy cut from the joyful days paper and stuck them to the frames in different ways. I also used the Pink Paislee Embellishment Indigo and Ivy collection hearts, and sequins in blue and gold.


For the cover, I sprayed the hexagons in Dylusions cut grass, and for the key I used Heidi Swapp spray in black. The butterflies were coloured using the Tim Holtz spun sugar distress crayon. I also used a felt flower underneath the words.

I then stuck the journal together using double sided tape on the folds of the inserts, and placing these over the fold inside the journal cover. Using a blue lace trim, I placed this through the middle of the journal and created a bow on the outside.








And there you have a super cute journal - you could also add photos or your own journalling to the opposite of the sayings or anything else you desire :-) 

You can find all the products from Scrap of Your Life and if you can't find what you need, message Julie and she will source it in!

Happy Crafting
Michelle xx

No comments

Powered by Blogger.