Re-purposed packaging into a Craft Project.

Have you ever thought about upcycling packing into a Craft Project. The idea came to me at dinner time because it seems to me I'm always thinking about the next meal to feed four children and a man child. Its our favourite stir-fry lime coconut curry. I saved the wallet and applied a thick gesso coat to both sides to hide the writing. Once dry I applied aqua/teal and purple acrylic paint and blended them with a sponge roller. This created a textured effect. I then used the cut out die negatives and stencilled black archival ink over top of the sponged surface.


 3 Quarter Design

Fairground Fun

Junk Journal and Wallet

DT Member 'Scrap of your Life'

by Melanie Parnell 

'The Twilight Scrapper'


I started to cut some dies ( these are very old and have come out of my stash)  out and create some tags for my junk journal just like I created the wallet cover. I cut as many pieces from 3Quarter Design _ Fairground Fun 12 x 12 paper cut apart paper I could like tickets, carousel, flowers, etc.

On the inside of the wallet I glued paper pieces with my left over 3 Quarter Design papers  a mishmash of paper and card stock. Which I would later ink and decorate with a range of black inked elements.


I created the cover with chipboard from the 3 Quarter Design mini kit, I coloured all the chipboard with gesso then sponged pink and purple acrylic paint on top.



I had very little paper left so I used black card stock to create pages inside the journal. I stencilled with birds and distressed some die cutouts to sit under the flowers. I made some circles by dipping circular lids in black acrylic paint. Using the tags I created earlier I inked them and marked them with black paint to make them look grungy.

Inside the small junk journal I folded card stock and left over bits that had been left over from 3 Quarter Design 12 x 12 paper. To attach my signatures to the inside cover they can either be stitched or hot glued.
It sat on the inside of the wallet inside a little band I made from off cuts. The acrylic leaves and flowers are cutout from Kaisercraft 'Serenity'


Voila the inside, the outside and how it all came together. So easy and you can do it with lots of scraps.
I had the best fun making this it was very messy but its all about the love of scrap booking.
Thank you for following my blog today....Mel
Happy scrapping



 

No comments

Powered by Blogger.