Mini Tag Project - Design Team Project - Remember Me Tags

Mixed Media Tag Project 

Remember Me 
by DT Mel Parnell


Mini Tag Project - Opal Magic Teal Blue Acrylic Paint

These raw Ranger Ink Kraft Tags were in my October Design Team Pack from Scrap of Your Life. So I decided to whip up some mixed media tags.  I used inks and dyes in this project and the effect was quite shimmery and glittery. Here are the instructions below: 

Mini Tag Project - Raw Tags painted with Opal Magic Teal Blue Acrylic Paint

Mini Tag Using Opal Magic Acrylic Paint

 I used Finnabair modelling paste mixed with some Finnabair Opal Magic Teal Blue Acrylic paint. It added some dimension on the cream coloured tag and then I added Nuvo Shimmer Dust - Atlantis
 I used a paint brush with water and to blend over the tag and then moved it around with a paint brush.
 It started to look like shimmery paint then I dried it with a heat gun.

Mini Tag Opal Magic Teal Blue Paint

Mini Tag Opal Magic Teal Blue Paint


Mini Tag Opal Magic Teal Blue Paint and Dylusions Spray

I used the grey ink spray with water to colour the tag then I used a deep green teal ink pad and stamped the diamond design onto the tag to create a bit of background.
Mini Tag Project - Diamond Stamp Background

I used Versa Magic night sky to edge the tag and to lightly colour some title I had cut from  white card stock. I wet these to disperse the ink and wiped the teal dust in them with a water brush. This gave them shimmer and sparkle. 
Mini Tag Versamagic Night Sky Ink






I started to colour up all the elements used the sparkle dust, navy ink and water paint brush. I used die flowers and a negative cut outs, fabric netting  all coloured up. I then started to place them
on the tags with 3-d dots layering as much as I can. 




Once you have them all arranged lift up some petals but not others. This will add dimension to your work. 



Mini Tag Project 49 and Market Wishing Bubbles

Mini Tag Project Mixed Media, Craft Ideas

The last thing I did was add some enamels and some colour co-ordinated ribbon and twine to the tags. As well as colour dust some wooden hearts. 


This is a quick project and there’s no real rules.

Happy creating .... Mel xxxxx


 

No comments

Powered by Blogger.