... Home ... Store... Gallery ... Forum... Blog ... Design Team

From Facebook Today!

Saturday, June 4, 2016

Dylusions Paints and Spray - Tip to remember.

I haven't played much with the Dylusion's Paints and the only time I have used the sprays is when I did a make and take tag at one of the craft shows.  I have used them now and again on layouts, but thats about it.

The last time I had a play with the spray was to make a tag and I realised that my colours  turned out a horrid murky light brown colour. 

No. 1 is that the tag was cream I think and it would have helped it I had covered it with Ghesso or some other white medium first.

No 2. Is that I have recently found out that there are actually two colours groups ie cool and warm colors and that we should stick with one or the other when using the sprays and paints.

There are 12 colors in the paint collection right now and 24 in the Sprays. We have both in the store - you can find the paint here and the sprays here.

So I have listed the colours into Cool and Warm below.


Cool  Colors Include:
Cut Grass, Dirty Martini, Fresh Lime, Polished Jade, Crushed Pesto, London Blue, Vibrant Turquoise, Lemon Zest,Calypso Teal and After Midnight.

Warm Colors Include:
Squeezed Orange, Tangerine Dream,  Cherry Pie, Pure Sunshine, Pomegranate Seed, Postbox Red, Bubblegum Pink, Funky Fuchsia, Melted Chocolate and Ground Coffee.

Works in Both Color Groups: Crushed Grape.

Neutrals Include:
Black Marble, White Linen and Slate Grey. Mixing the white with another color will give you the pastel color.

So it seems We must keep in mind that many colors opposite to each other on the color wheel can easily make mud, like orange and blue or yellow and purple. This is why we divide our colors into cool and warm collections. Any of the the colors from its own color collection will blend together nicely.

Hope you found this a little helpful....




0 comments: