- Stop putting pressure on
yourself to be creative. Sometimes you just need to change your mind
set about what is achievable and what isn't. In other words,
give yourself a break, don't give yourself a hard time if you don't
achieve what you want to do.
- Step away from your crafting. Go and do something different. Inspiration can be found everywhere - you just need to look for it...
- Try something new. Is there something you’ve
always wanted to try but never have? It could be a new technique or a
completely different craft activity. A new challenge can re-ignite
- Meet up with other creative/crafty people, either to craft with or chat with. Sometimes someone else’s enthusiasm can get you out of your funk. Go to classes, crop nights, retreats and remember you don't have to stick with one thing.
- Declutter. I hate clutter, so am
always trying to declutter and clean, however if you are surround with
clutter and cannot find any of your 'stuff' - you are not going to feel
like crafting. Having a bit of re-organisation can help trigger your
mojo and plus you'll find things you forgot you had. An uncluttered desk
leads to an uncluttered mind (maybe). Or something like that.
- Pinterest and Instagram for a bit of off the wall inspiration. Try typing some random words into the search box and see what comes up.
- Switch off your
computer/laptop/phone/tablet/TV. I work on a computer all day at work and I
come home and check emails, orders, blogs, facebook, play games on my
phone and everything else in between. Sometimes a break away
from technology can work wonders.
- Scraplift from layouts you
admire in on-line galleries. When you see other crative works it often
gives us a kick start to push our mind in the right direction. Layout
galleries in magazines is another option. Just make sure you credit
the original layout.
- Scrapbook Sketches. There are some great
scrapbook layout sketches on the web or on blogs. Check out a available on
many different web sites that can give you the framework for your layout.
And once you get started then the creativity will start to flow.
Some great sites to check out are:
- Stuck on Sketches
- Sketch Savvy
- My Creative Sketches
- Magazine Advertisements. Have you ever used a magazine for inspiration. Not necessarily a scrapbook magazine, it can be other types too - garden, home decorating, etc. Every page has its own design layout which you can use to provide inspiration.
- Go for it! Just grab your photos and bits and pieces from your stash and 'go for it'. Give yourself a time limit to get it done. Say half an hour. REMINDER! This is supposed to be for fun only, so do not stress out or over think it - just go with the flow.
- Go out and get some fresh
think fresh air and exercise does perk you up so get out there and go for
a walk, sit under a tree, park yourself on a deck chair, Anything to
get you out of the house.
- Cut out the crap. Stop eating things
you shouldn't.. if you do feel lazy and sluggish, sometimes its diet
- Drink lots of water. Even better water with lemon has many benefits, Packed with antioxidants and other health benefits, a glass of water with the juice of half a lemon revitalises the body and mind.