... Home ... Store... Gallery ... Forum... Blog ... Design Team

From Facebook Today!

Monday, August 24, 2015

Gelatos and Rubons - Work in Progress Part 1

Hello there my friends...

Today I have been playing a little in my craft room and have been experimenting with Rubons and Gelatos. If you don't know what Gelatos are.... (no.. there not icecream) I have copied a brief explanation from the Faber Castel website and pasted it below.  I've always wanted to give them a go, so today was the day!

Gelatos: Creamy rich colours blend smoothly. Transform opaque Gelato colours into translucent tints with water.  Great for adding colour and sheen to chipboard.  Mix & Match Colour Gelatos in Red/Yellow, Green/Blue and Neutral colour palettes.
Colour Gelatos are creamy sticks infused with brilliant colour. The colour glides easily onto papers and can then be dissolved with water to create watercolour effects or left to dry for vibrant bursts of colour. Try stamping with the Colour Gelatos or apply a field of colour and use a stamp to remove the colour. Colour Gelatos work wonderfully on flocked papers and embellishments too. Colour Gelatos are acid-free and odourless.


So - first of first... the background below was my first play with gelato's and rubons and while that was drying I grabbed another piece of cardstock and had another play and used silver rubons instead of the black. Third time, white scalloped cardstock and coloured rubons... the possibilities are endless.  So now I am addicted I think - what a great technique

Background one - White Cardstock/Black Rubons

 Background 2 Grey Cardstock / Silver Rubons 

 Background 3 - White Cardstock /  Coloured Rubons  
 
 
The inspiration and techniques used on these layouts are from a class I have been taking so credit must go to Craftsy Class "Fresh Techniques for Artful Layouts by Wilna Furstenberg. I love the idea of using the whole packet of rubons... what a great idea! and.. I love gelatos.
The rubons used are available in the store here
The gelatos are available here

And let me know what you think...leave a comment!
Stayed tuned for Gelatos and Rubons - Work in Progress Part 2



0 comments: