Scrap organisation

Well, today was a busy day!  

We have drained the pool so we can start cleaning it after we get the last bit of water out of the bottom. 

We also went to IKEA. Always love an IKEA shopping day out. We bought a new cupboard for all my scrap goodies, Not the products for the shop but my personal collection of stamps, papers, cardstock, punches, stickers, Rub-ons, buttons, brads, etc.
  
So we spent the afternoon putting together and I don't think I will finish the last challenge for the Cyber Crop or if I do it won't be uploaded by midnight tonight. 

 



















Anyway, the cupboard is together, ta da! This is my new cupboard and only half the pic so it is quite high as it has a second section up the top... however I can put my photo storage up there. Now we still have to add the glass on the front, While I was sorting out all my stuff, I found I had implemented a few great wonderful storage ideas, so read on to find what they are...

These below are plastic project files from Officeworks. I have put all my letter and number stickers, rubons, and dimensional embellishment stickers. 

They are really easy to find and fit perfectly, I ran out so need to buy some more. Sometimes the label was a bit big so I just folded it down. 

The blue box on the left is full of leftover papers and cardstock - I tried to sort it out by colour but gave up, still, it's in a handy-sized box from Ikea...

I have two of these, one was storing all my stickers and letters, die-cuts etc mixed up with some paper and cardstock - yes I know a humble jumble,,,, but all sorted now. 

These boxes below are  from Myer . They are the business shirt boxes and are very strong with a clear lid. These are so handy! Now hubby doesn't need any more shirts, but I want more boxes... so might have to go shirt shopping.. lol 


Oh my gosh... this little blue cupboard, which I think is really a spice rack, I bought about 15 years ago at a trash and treasure market. It was a raw timber colour so I painted it blue. It has two little shelves and two little drawers plus a top shelf.. It holds all my little brads in tiny round storage containers. 

My little flowers are in a Maconna coffee jar, this is how I store all my flowers in the shop - we always buy this coffee so I re-use the jar. The little jar is an old Mustard jar, I keep these too. Stores all my buttons. 
 














Now this little box below I bought from Copper Art years ago, I think it's called Home Art now, the box has all my tools in in sanding block, an eyelet setter, and a little hammer (hubby uses this more than me).

 


 





Now this pic at the bottom is the leftovers that need sorting out - a job for tomorrow as I have the day  off work.















Now this isn't scrap storage! but my special shelf which stores all my special bits and pieces. Just a couple - the heart Aimee DD did when she was about 12 pretty good huh... Decoupage. 

2005 Cherub calender I picked up in Rome 2004. 
Happy Budha from China. 
Starfish
Elephant Incence Holder
Wizards and Unicorns. little So there you go.... a few storage ideas.... More sorting tomorrow so stayed tuned and I might come up with some more tomorrow.... Til then

1 comment:

  1. Great ideas there Julie! Love your shelving! And the business shirt boxes idea is fab!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.